Heavens Door, a California corporation, and/or its affiliates and/or subsidiaries (hereinafter sometimes referred to as “HD”, “we”, “us”, “our”), owns and operates various interactive online websites, applications and/or services including the ePrayer application, the ePrayer website and related services (together referred to hereinafter as “Services”). Heavens Door is committed to the privacy and security of our users’ information. By using our Services, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information as described in these Privacy Policies. The following Privacy Policies apply to the treatment of personal information, including personally identifiable information, submitted by, or otherwise obtained from, you in connection with the associated Services. It is effective January 23, 2017, and is subject to our Terms of Service. Heavens Door participates in the European Union-United States Privacy Shield Program and can be found on this United States Department of Commerce list of Privacy Shield organizations https://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx The principles of the Privacy Shield Program apply to all users of the Services, whether from the EU, the US or elsewhere.
Personally Identifiable Information
- Certain personal information, which may include your first and/or last name, all or part of a home or other physical address, an e-mail address, a telephone number, your age, a password, and other identifiers that will permit the physical and/or or online contacting of you, or other information maintained in a personally identifiable form in combination with any of the preceding, may be required to sign up for an account and/or use our Services. You may update your account information at any time or correct any of the Services profile settings by editing your account “Profile”. Any personally identifiable information collected is knowingly provided by you. We only require it when requested during account registration and/or e-commerce for interactive participation within our Services and during any ordering processes, respectively.
- In addition to personally identifiable information you provide in your account registration and/or settings profile, we collect the following information from your user submissions for our use in order for us to improve and refine our Services:
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your activity and the messages you send and receive through our Services. For example, we collect information such as the time, date, sender, recipient of a message, the number of prayer request you send to your friends or the outside world, how many prayers were answered, and how many prayers you commented on and what categories of prayer requests you pray for (e.g. health, spiritual, addiction).
- Subscription Information: We may collect a user’s subscription start and expiration date, and whether the subscription resulted from a particular promotion or form or outreach.
- Location Information: We will collect location information if you provide it to us, for example, your device’s GPS coordinates unless you configure your device settings to prevent our collection of location information. We will give you the option to specify if you want us to collect your location information when you first use our Services; thereafter you can change this in your device’s Go to your iPhone’s home screen and click on the settings icon. Under settings, find “Privacy” and click on it. Turn off GPS here by turning off location services on the ePrayer application. We will use GPS location information to be able to remind you at your request to use our Services at a location you specify. We will also ask you to input your zip code when you register. We use this information to distance your public prayer request recipients to zip codes at least one zip code area away from you.
Prayer Related Information
- When you submit a prayer request through the Services, you will be able to select to whom, if anyone, that prayer request is disclosed. Those to whom you disclose your prayer request will automatically see your first name, city, county, country and if you choose, a picture of yourself in addition to your prayer request. You can choose that it remains completely private so that just you see it. You can choose that it be seen by one or more select individuals by choosing from select friends you have designated in your Account. You can also choose that it be seen by one or more groups of friends you have identified in your account. Or you can choose that it is public and is seen by everyone who wants to view it. Those to whom you disclose a prayer request will also see all responses to that prayer request sent by others in the viewing group, and any additional back and forth communications regarding that prayer request. Any or all of the following prayer settings will be available at any time prior to submitting a prayer request. You can modify your prayer disclosure settings by making the choice you want through the “Settings”, “Profile Privacy” section of our Services.
- Public: Your profile picture, first name, city, county, country and your prayer request is visible to everyone in the ePrayer community. Every user and organization (e.g., all members who are signed up with our services).
- Private: Your profile picture, first name, city, county, country and prayer request is only visible to you; and the ePrayer community will see only your first name and State on the Prayer request.
- Friends: Your profile picture, first name, city, county, country and prayer request is visible only to your selected friends.
- Groups: Your profile picture, first name, city, county, country and prayer request is visible only to your selected groups.
- Churches: Your profile picture, first name, city, county, country and prayer request is visible only to your selected group of churches (List includes all religious organizations with which are signed up with our services.)
- When you respond to a prayer request, the response will display your first name, city, county, country and, if you choose, a picture of yourself. Your response will go to the person making the prayer request and all those chosen by the requester to see his or her prayer.
- We request that you do not include within your prayer requests your last name or other identifying personal information such as your home or other physical address, your e-mail address, your telephone number(s) and that you refrain from requesting any of this information from other users of the Services.
Children Under Thirteen
We do not intentionally gather personal information from children under the age of 13, if you believe we have unknowingly gathered a child’s information, please contact us immediately at – [email protected].
Traffic, System and Device Data
- Your IP address is a numeric address assigned to your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider. We automatically collect your IP address as traffic data so that we can send information back to you when requested. This is not used to identify your personal information.
- Referrers are references to the web address you linked from and is automatically passed along by your web browser. We collect referrers your browser sends as part of traffic data. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- System information such as your mobile network, hardware model, unique device identifiers (including MAC address and IMEI), operating system/platform, the type of web browser and language you use may be captured by us. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- We may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can give your browser a “DO NOT TRACK” instruction by editing its options to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the online Services or other websites you visit or applications you use.
- In order to access most of our Services, you will have to register for an account.
- When you register for an account within our Services, we will collect your e-mail address, zip code, your age, your first and last name, your password, your personal identification number (“PIN”) for a second level of security, the date and, the country in which you are located. When creating your account, you must provide true, accurate and complete information.
- Your information is maintained on a secure web server in what we believe to be a well-protected environment safe from access by others.
- You are fully responsible for maintaining the security and all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with your account within our Services. You must keep your account password secure. You must notify us immediately of any breaches of security or unauthorized use of your account. We will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account; and you may be liable for the losses to others due to such unauthorized use.
- You may never use another’s account without permission.
- If you would like to deactivate your account or you no longer desire to use our Services, please indicate your inactive status in the “Settings”, Profile Privacy of our Services. We do not delete accounts from our database. This options gives each user the flexibility to leave and come back whenever the user wants. A deactivated user will not be searchable. Other users will not be able to see any of a deactivated user’s information. Some information, like messages you sent, may still be visible to others because they appear in a recipient’s Services. If you choose to reactivate your account, the information on your profile will be there when you come back.
Use of Information and Limited Sharing of Information
- Our Services make every effort to preserve your privacy, and share information only as specified herein. We do not sell or rent personal information to third parties.
- Our services use information you provide for administering our business activities and occasionally to notify you about changes to our Services or special offers. In administering our Services, we may employ other companies and people, including application partners or service providers. We may share your personal information and other information connected with your use of our Services with these others who are working with us to perform functions and process user data on our behalf. Such other parties have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes. Some of these service providers and other third parties, such as analytics providers, may collect aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when you use our services. We are not responsible for the independent actions of third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties. Transfers of data will only be to such third party providers that we through reasonable due diligence are of the belief operate in a manner consistent with the Privacy Shield Principles. We will take immediate steps to remediate any unauthorized processing of personal data by such provider.
- Our Services share personally identifiable information to billing and credit card companies. That sharing will be for the purpose of completing purchase transactions and for no other purpose.
- Upon your consent only based on your “Settings”, “Profile Privacy”, our Services share your personal information with churches near your registered zip code. That sharing will include your gender, zip code, your prayer request and prayer subject.
- Personally identifiable information may be disclosed when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process, or if directed by you to do so. Additionally, it may be shared to protect our rights, property and/or safety, and the same of our users or others.
- We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, traffic patterns, and related Services information to third-party vendors, like publishers, religious organizations or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. These statistics will not include personally identifiable information.
- From time to time we may perform surveys or conduct contests. You can choose to decline or opt out or any such survey or contest. We may use personal information submitted in connection with surveys or contests to contact you for further research or regarding a prize. Unless we first receive your written permission, no information other than as specified herein is shared with any other third-party individual or company for any purpose, under any circumstance, except specifically related to the Services’ operation. Sharing as set forth herein is agreed to by you upon acceptance of our Services Terms and Conditions of Use and Privacy Policies, required for use of our Services.
- From time to time we may send newsletters or promotional email messages. You will be given the choice to unsubscribe to the receipt of such messages.
Third Party Tracking
- Except as specifically set forth herein, no third parties collect personal information about an individual consumer’s online activities through our Services. In the event you join a religious organization’s hosting of any of the Services offered by us, you will be subject to the privacy policies and terms of service of such organization, which may lead to different tracking and use of your information than as specified herein. Please see below for more information about obtaining Services through a religious organization.
Services Through a Religious Organization
- In the event you join a religious organization’s hosting of any of the type of services offered by us, you will no longer be operating or using such services through us and our Privacy Policies and Terms of Service will no longer apply. Instead, you will be using such services through the religious organization you have chosen to join which hosts prayer-related and church-related electronic services. Accordingly, we urge you to become familiar with such religious organization host’s Terms of Service and Privacy Policies.
- Please be advised that a religious organization you associate with through the Services, or “join” will have, among other things, your first and last name, city, county and country, the number and type of prayer requests you have submitted and the number and type of responses thereto. You will be asked to reaffirm this and expressly consent to this upon joining. A religious organization will also be able to print and house online this information according to their terms of service and privacy policies, and as specified in our agreement with them, which is briefly outlined in our Terms of Services. If you do not want to share this information in such manner with a religious organization and those with whom it shares information, you should not opt in to joining any religious organization.
- Transfers of data to churches will be pursuant to a contract specifying that your personal information can only be processed for either the limited purposes we specify in connection with our Services and for which you consented upon creation of an account, but pursuant to each church’s terms of service and privacy policies. Our contract with such third party providers will also require that they provide at least the level of protection afforded personal information which is set forth in the Privacy Shield Principles.
- Our Services link to other sites and electronic services. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other linked sites and services. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our Services and we are not responsible for the policies and practices once you leave our Services.
- Specifically, our Services will access purchasing and billing services provided by Amazon, I-Tunes, Stripe and Google Store, for certain goods and services purchases, including virtual goods and upgrades to your use of the Services. When you have access to or are directed to services provided by any of these service providers, your mailing information will be collected through our services but your billing information will not be collected through our Services, rather only through the other sites or services which you have accessed. Please familiarize yourself with those sites’ terms of service and privacy policies regarding purchasing and billing data you share on those sites.
- Our Services take every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit required personal information via our Services, their information is protected both online and off-line. We do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our customers’ information, not just the personal information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Heavens Door maintains strict administrative, technical, and physical procedures to protect information stored in our servers, which are located in the United States. Access to information is limited (through user/password credentials and software systems) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. Finally, we take data security seriously at Heavens Door. Our servers are hosted in a world class data center that is protected by 24-hour surveillance and we ensure that our application is always up to date with the latest security patches. Our data-center is also EU Privacy Shield compliant and we use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
- If users have any questions about the security on the Services, feel free to contact the Services’ Administrator at [email protected].
Security and Financial Information
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant and stored securely. Heavens Door uses Stripe to process our credit card payments and no credit card details are stored on our servers. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available. In addition, Stripe is also EU Privacy Shield complaint.
Correcting, Updating, Deleting & Deactivating Personal Information
- If an ePrayer member’s information changes (such as zip code, email or postal address), or if an ePrayer member no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or deactivate information in account “Settings”. This can usually be done in your ePrayer account profile or by contacting the Services’ Administrator at [email protected]
Notification of Changes
- It is your responsibility to check these Privacy Policies periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Services following the posting of any changes to this these Policies constitutes acceptance of any changes. In any event, by using this Services you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Privacy Policies.
California Privacy Rights
- Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, users who are California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an email at [email protected].
- Our Services are governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and intended for enjoyment of residents of the United States. Other than complying with the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, we make no representation that our Services are governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations. By using our Services and submitting your personal information, any user outside of the United States acknowledges that this Website is subject to U.S. law and the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles and US-Swiss Safe Harbor, consents to the transfer of personal data to the U.S. pursuant thereto and waives any claims that may arise under all other national laws.
U.S.-EU Privacy Shield and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Compliance
- The United States Department of Commerce and the European Commission have agreed on a set of data protection principles and frequently asked questions to enable U.S. companies to satisfy the requirement under European Union law that adequate protection be given to personal information transferred from EU Member States to the United States (the “U.S.-EU Privacy Shield Framework”). The EU also has recognized the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield Framework as providing adequate data protection to meet the laws of the EU regarding privacy of personal information. The United States Department of Commerce and the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) of Switzerland have agreed on a similar set of principles and frequently asked questions to enable U.S. companies to satisfy the requirement under Swiss law that adequate protection be given to personal information transferred from Switzerland to the United States (the “U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor”). Consistent with its commitment to protect personal privacy, Heavens Door adheres to the principles set forth in the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor (the “EU/Swiss Privacy Principles”).
- Heavens Door certifies to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the EU/Swiss Privacy Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Principles program, and to view Heavens Door EU Privacy Shield certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx. To learn more about the US-Swiss Safe Harbor, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
- As part of our participation in the EU/Swiss Privacy Principles, we have provided the required notice of our privacy principles, given you the required choice to opt-out of certain sharing of personally identifiably information, set precautions to ensure disclosures to third parties are in accordance herewith, secured the storing of your information, and provided you ways to amend any incorrect personally identifiable information.
- We use a self-assessment approach to assure compliance with our Privacy Policies and we periodically verify that our Policies are accurate, comprehensive, prominently displayed, completely implemented and accessible and in conformity with the EU/Swiss Privacy Principles.
Questions, Concerns, Disputes
1968 S. Coast Hwy #1833
Laguna Beach CA 92651
- If we cannot resolve any such matter through our internal process, we agree to dispute resolution using PrivacyTrust as a third-party resolution provider.